A national leader in the detransitioning movement will speak in Vergennes Tuesday, June 20 at a Vermont Parents’ Rights in Education event 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM, Vergennes Union Middle and High School, 50 Monkton Rd, Vergennes.
Walt Heyer, author of A Transgender’s Faith and Paper Genders: Pulling the Mask Off the Transgender Phenomenon, is a man who learned hormones and sex change surgery did not solve his underlying issues. He now helps others “whose lives have been derailed by sex change” through his website, sexchangeregret.
Heyer is an International speaker with a compelling life story relevant to adults and children today – particularly for those who identify as transgender or those who seek to lovingly support them.
In April of 1983, Walt had surgery to “transition” from male to female, but hormones and sex change genital surgery couldn’t change his biological sex, nor solve the underlying issues driving his gender dysphoria. Walt de-transitioned more than 25 years ago. Walt’s discussion will include:
• how the majority of gender-distressed children naturally desist from their dysphoria, meaning that they
grow to accept their biological sex;
• how “affirming” children in social transition, including false names and pronouns is harmful;
• the devastating, permanent effects of mutilating “gender affirmation” surgeries.
• how the real message of the transgender movement to gender dysphoric children is: “something is wrong with who you are;”
• how to be a true ally through truth and compassion to those struggling with gender dysphoria.
RSVP at Vermont@ParentsRightsInEducation.org. The event is privately sponsored and does not bear the imprimatur or endorsement of the Addison Northwest School District, organizer Tara Ferf Jentink said.
Categories: Community Events