On April 27, Governor Phil Scott signed into law these bills:
- H.461, An act relating to excluding the income of asylum seekers and refugees from household income. This law exempts money earned by legal refugees and asylum seekers from being included in the entire ‘household income’ of the home they are living in, for income tax purposes.
- H.718, An act relating to approval of the dissolution of Colchester Fire District No. 1
- S.74, An act relating to modifications to Vermont’s patient choice at end of life laws. This law eliminates a safeguard included in Act 46, the 2013 “physician-assisted suicide” law: that a person seeking end-of-life lethal drugs must first meet in person with a doctor, or any other health care provider.
- S.163, An act relating to State court petitions for vulnerable noncitizen youth. Allows the State of Vermont to offer to noncitizen youth services available to at-risk youth who are citizens.
- S.239, An act relating to enrollment in Medicare supplemental insurance policies
To view a complete list of action on bills passed during the 2022 legislative session, click here.